Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How does a prize raffle work?
Ticket sales will be available online throughout the duration posted in the rules of play as determined by the lottery license issued by AGCO for the designated lottery.
At the conclusion of the sales period a winner will be drawn and the prize will be determined as 50% of the total ticket sales. The remaining funds will be provided to United Way Elgin Middlesex as part of their annual fundraising campaign.
Q2. When are the deadlines for the United Way prize raffle ticket sales?
The deadline for each draw is posted on the home page and within the Rules of Play for each lottery.
Q3. Is every part of the United Way raffle managed through a digital platform?
All aspects of the United Way raffle are managed using a digital platform, or software program, that has been approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. This program is similar to the one present at professional hockey and basketball games in Ontario.
There is no paper generated during this raffle. Everything is digital, including:
· Tickets and ticket distribution
· Draw process and management
Q4. What are the odds of winning in the United Way Prize Raffle?
The odds of winning depend on the number of tickets in the draw. There is no limit to the number of tickets that can be sold.
Q5. What percentage of the raffle proceeds are directed to United Way Elgin Middlesex?
Fifty percent of all raffle proceeds are retained by United Way Elgin Middlesex and, following other raffle costs, are invested in the local community.
Q6. Are Raffle Ticket purchases considered donations for Tax purposes?
The cost of the Raffle ticket is not considered a gift or donation; as per CRA guidelines, when a donor receives an advantage in return for a donation, all or part of the donation may no longer qualify as a gift.
Q7. What is the United Way Prize Raffle Lottery License Number?
The lottery license number found in the Rules of Play and on your ticket is unique to the workplace lottery and is provided by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Q1. How can I buy United Way 50/50 tickets?
Tickets may only be purchased online. Tickets will be delivered via email only.
Q2. How old do you have to be to order a United Way 50/50 ticket?
You must be at least 18 years old at the time of purchase. Tickets cannot be purchased in the name of a minor.
Q3. I am trying to order my ticket. Why isn't it going through?
You must be located in the province of Ontario when ordering a ticket. Please ensure your location services are enabled so your location can be confirmed by the raffle program. More details below.
Q4. Can I order a ticket if I do not live in Ontario?
Purchasers must be in the province of Ontario to buy tickets.
Q5. Who can't play?
United Way Staff, Board Members and their immediate households are not eligible to purchase tickets to play any 50/50 Lottery for the United Way.
Q6. My ticket includes a ‘Device’ and ‘Event’ number. What do these numbers represent?
The Event number is a system identifier for the draw and does not relate to your tickets or the week for which you tickets are valid. The date of the draw is listed on your ticket. The Device number relates to the technical method through which the ticket purchase was made.
Q7. Why is there a limit to the number of ticket bundles I can buy?
While there is no limit to the number of tickets you may buy, the raffle program has a limit of fifteen bundles per order (five of each bundle). If you would like to order more bundles, a separate order is required.
Q8. Why haven't I received my ticket confirmation email?
Your email might have been diverted to your junk, spam or promotions folder. Please check those folders first and once you locate the email, mark this as "not junk" or a safe sender so subsequent emails will be directed to your inbox. If you still cannot locate, please email email@example.com
Draws, Prizes & Winners
Q1. How is the winning ticket determined?
A single ticket is selected using a random number generator program within the raffle platform. The winning ticket is selected from all tickets purchased during the week of sales.
Q2. How will the winner be notified?
All winners will be notified by telephone and/or email as to their win and how to claim their prize. All winning ticket numbers and prize amounts will be posted on unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net/winners.
Prizes will be awarded to the registered ticket buyer.
Website and Orders
Q1. I cannot access unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net. What should I do?
Per AGCO regulations – you must be located within the province of Ontario at the time of your ticket purchase. Your device’s locations services must be turned on to verify your location prior to entry to the online sales platform.
Q2. Why does unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net require my location?
Why am I receiving the following prompt: "https://unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net would like to use your current location?"
Per AGCO regulations – you must be located within the province of Ontario at the time of your ticket purchase. Your current location will confirm your eligibility.
Q3. What if I already selected "Don't Allow"?
Reloading the page should cause you to be prompted to share your location again. If you have specified that you never want to share your location, you will need to go into your settings to allow. See Enable Device Location Services Section.
Q4. What if I receive one of the following prompts?
· "You must allow your browser to share your location to purchase tickets. Please enable location services for this browser and try again."
· "Location information is unavailable. In order to purchase tickets your location must be able to be determined. Please enable location services for this browser and try again."
· "The request to get user location timed out. In order to purchase tickets your location must be able to be determined. Please enable location services for this browser and try again."
· "An unknown error occurred while attempting to determine your location... In order to purchase tickets your location must be able to be determined. Please enable location services for this browser and try again."
These prompts are related to your Location setting. You may have told your browser to never share your location. You have to change that setting before continuing with your ticket order. See Enable Device Location Services Section.
Enable Device Location Services
Select from the devices below, to enable your access to the E-Commerce site - iOS Mobile Device, MacOS Desktop, Windows, Android Smartphone. Instructions for each are provided below.
iOS Mobile devices
1. Go to the Settings App.
2. Go to ‘Privacy’.
3. Go into ‘Location Services’.
4. Ensure ‘Location Services’ are on.
5. Scroll down and click ‘Safari Websites’.
6. Make sure that Allow Location Access is set to "While Using the App."
Chrome has the same setting if you are using that instead.
Check if Location Services is turned on
1. Open ‘System Preferences’
2. Select ‘Security & Privacy’
3. Select ‘Privacy’ tab
4. Ensure ‘Location Services’ is checked
5. If it is not checked click the lock icon in bottom right corner of that window to make changes
6. Enter in your Username and password
7. Check The ‘Enable Location Services’ checkbox
8. If it is checked look at the list of allowed applications and make sure the web browser, you are using is also checked. Note that Chrome will not show up here, but Safari and Firefox will
If Locations is on, you may have previously blocked the unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net site from using locations. To Unblock it:
1. Go to unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net
2. From the Top Browser Menu select Safari-Settings for this website
3. In the Pop Up under Location select ‘Allow’
1. Go to unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net
2. Click ‘Buy Now’
3. Received the Geolocation error
4. In Chrome address bar there is an icon that looks like a compass/target with a small red X on it
5. Click this icon
6. On the window that opens, click the ‘Clear these settings for future visits’
7. Click ‘Done’
8. Go to unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net
9. Click ‘Buy Now’
1. Go to unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net
2. From the Top Menu select ‘Tools’ – ‘Page info’
3. Click ‘Permissions’ Tab
4. Under ‘Access Your Location’ select ‘Allow’
5. Retry your purchase on unitedwayem-web.bump5050.net
Android Based Smart Phones
Check if location services is turned on
1. Go to ’Settings’ App
2. Go to ‘Location’ and make sure that it is on.
Please play responsibly.
If you are worried about problem gambling, ConnexOntario can help: